Crawl Space Encapsulation
To prevent the growth of mold and mildew in your home, you need to prevent the buildup of moisture in the air—crawl spaces do just that!
Crawl spaces are used to reduce moisture from the air inside of the house and direct it to the outside. ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration technicians know all about energy conservation, engineering, construction and how to bring down moisture levels in the air. We’re experts at installing, repairing and maintaining crawl space encapsulations that make your building safer for all!
Say goodbye to damp, thick air and the musty smell that comes with it! We’ll make sure the air in your building is dry and free of harmful toxins. We’ll also make the place more energy efficient so you don’t have to worry about huge bills.
If you’re in Moffat, Routt, Grand counties. Give us a call today!
Here’s how the crawl space encapsulation process involves:
- Full inspection of the buildings structure
- Identifying the source of damage
- Fixing any areas that experienced water and/or fire damage
- Removal of valuables and equipment
- Perform restoration and deodorize surfaces to remove pungent odors or microbial growth
- Restore all items that were moved earlier
We’ve devised various techniques to help control moisture levels in the building:
- Installation of effective crawl spaces that reduce moisture from the air, prevent the growth of microbial and keep pests away.
- We install vapor barriers to the soil to prevent the condensation and evaporation of groundwater that can cause rotting of wood, growth of mold and other structural damages.
- Crawl space vents open and close depending on the temperature and level of moisture in the hair. As a result, the air inside the building is of greater quality; it’s dry and free of bacteria.
- Crawl space encapsulations also prevent air leaks and can reduce your energy bills by 20%.
- Moisture in the air leads to wood rot. When moisture levels in the air are too high, the hardwood floors may buckle. Crawl space encapsulations can stop you from spending on unnecessarily repairs and protect your property.
- By separating the inside air from the air on the outside and the ground, crawl space encapsulation reduces humidity levels. They prevent damp air from getting into the living space so your rooms don’t feel hot and sticky